Friday, February 19, 2010

Week 5 - Landscapes/Architecture

Okay- I procrastinated on this assignment. I am terrible at landscapes. They NEVER look as good in the photos as in real life. That's one of the things I want to learn in the class. But I missed last week's class, so if there were any pointers, I didn't get them. I read the book and picked up a few tips. Hopefully class this week will help. But anyway, I kept putting off actually going out and shooting some landscapes, but I set aside Wednesday afternoon to do it. Then, when I woke up this am it was raining and snowing - yes both at the same time. Not exactly great photography weather. Now I assume that Mister Mark, and other great photographers, would say " You can get awesome shots in weather like that!" But not me. I tried, and I am not totally disappointed with my results, but I am not thrilled either. I did notice when I went to my exercise class at the HIRC, that it is a pretty cool building - so I shot of few pix of it. And then it did stop precipitating inthe afternoon, so I got a few cloudy day shots. By the way, the pix ended up posted in reverse order of when I took them, and I don't have time, or tech know -how, to fix it without redoing the whole thing.























No comments: